Sunday, October 9, 2011

Di Fazio Picoso Torpedo














The Di Fazio Picoso Torpedo arrived about 4 weeks ago and it has been resting nicely in my humidor.  As many of you know I like to rest my cigars at least 3 - 4 weeks before performing a review.  This allows the cigar to get properly condition and provide the best flavors possible.

Measurements:
Gauge: 52
Length: 6 1/8"
Strength:  Medium


Construction:
The cigar is constructed very well and was slightly spongy, which I feel provides a nice burn.  The cap was solid and cut very evenly.  The cigar has nice notes.  I saw no noticeable wrapper issues.  The wrapper was tight and had solid vanes running around the body.  

Lighting:
The cigar was easy to light and did not take much to get it started.  The light was even and it not create any bitterness in the first few puffs.  The smoke was thick and white directly after the burn.  Surprisingly it was not has heavy I thought it was going to be.












First 1/3:
The burn was smooth and even.  The first few puffs had a heavier pepper and spice note that soothed into a nice a Cinnamon and cedar overtone.  The cedar was more prominent when exhaling through the nose.  The Cinnamon was the perfect amount of sweet and spicy.  Much like the taste you get when you first open a Cinnamon jar.  The ash was white then grey and finally brown as the cigar reached the 2/3's mark.













 The 2/3:
The Cinnamon continued through the second third of the cigar. The sweetness of the cigar showed itself mellowing out the spice.  The cigar continued to be medium bodied.  Some cigars have a tendency to leave your mouth dry, but the Cinnamon notes helped keep my mouth moist as excitement ran from my teeth to my pallet.  The smoke was still thick and smooth.














The last 1/3:
I am one of those smokers whose weighs heavily on the number of times my cigar ashes.  I never force my cigar to ash as I believe it will do so when it needs too.  This also is a demonstration of the construction.  This cigar ashed once twice.  The first was slightly after the 2/3 mark.  The smoke at this point was very thick and luscious.   The Cinnamon still was discernible and the cedar started to come more to life.  The cigar still continued to be medium body.  The cigar ended after about an hour of smoking and left a nice smile on my face.

Conclusion:
This is must have in your humidor.  Personally I look forward to having my next Di Fazio Torpedo.  It is well constructed and not over powering even with what you may thing are strong flavors like Cinnamon and cedar.  I enjoyed this cigar with a nice IPA beer.  If you are interested in trying one you can click on "Mike's Cigars" at the end of the review for purchasing information.

Pairings:
Wine:  Red Zinfandel or Cabernet
Whiskey/Scotch:  Any woody scotch or whiskey, Woodford Reserve or Highland Park 18
Beer:  Oktoberfest Beers or IPA's

**Photographs - Kenneth Peters Photography ©





4 comments:

  1. the Cigar is really looking so great. The way it is made is such nice. It was nice shape given, and looks very comfortable to take on hand. Great sharing.

    nose surgery

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all cigars to rest for at least some weeks before performing again. This allows the cigar to get properly fit and offer the best taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first few puffs had a heavy spice up and liven be aware that soothed into a awesome a Sugar-cinnamon and plank overtone. The plank was more popular when breathing out through the nasal area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stogie still kept moderate body. The stogie finished after about an time of using tobacco and left a awesome look on my face.

    mole removal guide

    ReplyDelete